Since it’s November and we all know what pant tightening holiday is in our near future I thought it’d be so very festive if our dogs could get in on the yummy holiday delights. And that’s when I though of the Thanksgiving Dinner Meatball Treats we’re whipping up today. Complete with turkey, stuffing, and cranberries… er rather the dog safe version of those.
Here we go!
1 ½ cup cooked ground turkey
1 ½ cup bread crumbs (I got sliced bread from the bakery and cut it into little cubes. I didn’t trust the prepackaged crumbs as they may have herbs and what not that aren’t safe for our furry friends.)
½ cup chicken stock
1 ½ Tbs flour
¼ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook ground turkey on the stove. Keep it plain jane – no spices added, just cooked.
- Slice bread into very small cubes.
- Compile all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix. You could mix with a scraper spatula but if you’re not afraid of getting dirty, I had more success getting it evenly mixed using my hands.
- Ball into meatballs, the size just depends on your preference.
- Line them up on a greased pan.
- Cook roughly 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes around 22 depending on the size you make your meatballs.
Easy freakin’ peasy. The dogs I’m currently sitting got to be my taste testers and they we’re happy campers. They gobbled them up and begged for more. Success!
I know what you’re wondering and yes, I did in fact try a little nibble and I must say they are pretty damn good.
Quick, easy, simple, yummy, and your dog gets to participate in Turkey Day, what else could you want? I feel like for my first recipe, I kind of slayed it. I’m so modest.