So here’s a checklist to help keep you a little more organized. “The necessities” are the bare minimum things that you will always need. The, “Other Suggestions” are things you may want to either keep in your car or keep with you depending on the adventure. For those items, you just need to use your judgment on whether or not they’ll be necessary.
· Water (Don’t let your dogs dehydrate or over heat! Stay on top of giving them water no matter the difficulty of the adventure. This is vital people!)
· Traveling water bowl (Mine is collapsible and has a carabiner so I can hook it to my bag for easy access, it’s perfect.)
· Poop bags
· Collar with tags
· Basic first aid kit (gauze, bandages, tweezers, etc.), this could arguably go in the necessities section
· Towel (in case they get wet or muddy)
· Food (if you’re going to be out during breakfast/dinner time)
· Dog jacket/sweater (if you’re going somewhere that could get chilly -- this is critical during winter)
· Booties (in case your going on a particularly rough terrain or their paws could get burned from cement or frostbitten)
· A recent photo of your dog (in case it gets lost)
· Extra leash and collar (in case one breaks)
Have any suggestions? Let me know!