Here's the recipe!
1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or regular)
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup oats
½ cup mashed banana
· Preheat oven to 300F
· Combine all the ingredients into your bowl - there’s really no method here, you just chuck em’ all in there
· Knead the dough till everything is completely mixed together and it forms into a large ball
· Add a bit off flour if it is too sticky
· Lay flour out on the counter or on a cutting board and flatten the dough out with your hands or a rolling pin.
· Cut out some cute shapes using a cookie cutter
· I actually skipped the part of rolling it out and cutting it out as all of our cookie cutters were MIA and my grocery store didn’t sell any when I went to get the ingredients (really store? how do you not have cookie cutters?) and I didn't have time to run around finding some new ones. So instead I just grabbed little pieces from the dough, rolled them up and then flattened them in to little circular dog biscuits.
· Put them on a greased pan
· Bake at 300F for about 20 min.
Makes a few dozen depending on the size you make the treats.
Store in an airtight container.
I made these and a few other recipes (which you can find on my site) with the help of a friend, for my dogs and some of my other dog friends for Valentines Day. My dogs (Petie in particular) are super picky and they liked them! I got good reports back from the owners of the other pups who got them too and they loved them too!
They didn’t take long to make and they were easy peasy! This was my first time making homemade dog treats and I loved it. Way more than I thought I would in fact. This may have to be a new regular thing for me. I think my babies will be ok with that!
Here's the link to Miss Molly Says' recipe and site!
P.S. I asked the owner of one of my dog friends what he thought of the treats and this is what I got back...
So safe to say Wilbur is a fan.